Bill Cunningham "New York"



This documentary is about New York Times photographer Bill Cunningham. For those of you who don't know, he's been in the industry for about 40 or so years and photographs the fashion-savvy people of New York on a daily basis for the “On the Street” and “Evening Hours" sections of the Times.

What I love about this man, besides the fact that he has fundamentally created Street Style, is that his articles include a vast range of people from the uptown fashion elites to the downtown everyday people. He understands that fashion isn't just what designers give us on a seasonal basis and what magazines give us on a monthly basis, it's what the average person does with their outfits on a daily basis.

I've just found out that the film is going to be showing at my local independent movie theater for one night only in the near future, which excites me beyond belief. I really hope that I'm able to secure a ticket ahead of time!

Anywho, here's the trailer! Enjoy:



credit to YouTube for the trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment