half breed


I've probably definitely made this clear online before (lolol hey twitter) but when I was eight I had an unnatural obsession with Cher.

Here's what had happened: right before I turned eight, I was coming up with a list of items that I wanted for my birthday (as I normally did 2x a year - Christmas, too). And because I would normally not have the slightest idea of what I wanted, I would sit with a piece of paper and a pencil  in front of the TV watching Nickelodeon for the commercials. If a commercial appealed to me, I would write it on the list of things I wanted for my birthday. It just so happens that Nickelodeon (for whatever reason) decided to play a The Very Best of Cher CD commercial with "Believe" playing in the background. If you don't know what song I'm talking about, you definitely fucking do:



Anywho, I recognized the song and decided that I wanted the album and received it for my birthday. I was absolutely ecstatic and couldn't stop listening to that one song on the entire album (a time when you had to buy and entire album just to listen to one song...).

What I find even more amusing is that her plastic surgery was completely successful in my eight-year-old eyes as I legitimately thought she was thirty five...

Come to find out she was 57 and my heart was broken. She is literally the age of my grandmother.

Then I turned nine and got over her (mainly for being teased about her in school :c. ) But she still to this day inspires me incredibly with her ability to kick ass and stay relevant after 50 years in the business. My favorite "era" of Cher was the 60's when she just came out with Sonny Bono and in the 70's when she was with Gregg Allman. The absolute mod in the 60's to the dramatic change into a bohemian goddess is everything to me.

60's:



70's:




Aaaaaaand the night I completely pissed my pants in happiness:




Also, I'm going to add that Moonstruck is probably one of the best movies ever made ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment