this week

This week has been a long one in terms of school and Hamlet rehearsals. I've also been completely avoiding something and I'm pretty fucking great at it to be honest. I've decided that I'm finished with waiting for something that will probably never happen. I've come to the conclusion that I need to distance myself from this thing in order for me to get over it which means absolutely no interaction whatsoever. It's going to be really shitty and really hard but it needs to be done. So, every single morning on the bus ride to school - which is actually my favorite part of my days because it's the nicest thing to listen to music and be driven around my town while the sun comes up - I've been listening to Beyoncé and Lupe Fiasco.


Before I straightened my hair on Monday night I remembered how Rachel had emphatically urged me to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind over the summer so I rented it on my laptop and watched it and shat my pants in awe of this fucking spectacular movie. I adored Kate Winslet's character Clementine. I mean, I already adore Kate Winslet in general but her character was fantastic in this movie. Her freaking hair and clothes and personality was just ldfjkhgdslkjghdfslgkjhglsdkjhgsl.









Basically all week my American Lit class had been analyzing Emily Dickinson poetry, as well as last week. Not only have we been analyzing her poetry, we have been absolutely tearing this shit apart until it means nothing. That's a lie, not until "it means nothing" but we just go very very deep into our analyzations. And in prior years, I've loved poetry units in English but I hate it when we have to analyze them because everyone will have a different perception of the poem and the teachers always have to shoot down a lot of really great ideas because they feel that the poem is only supposed to mean one certain thing. Which I feel is such bullshit because the whole point of poetry and art in general is for people to interpret it in their own way and to tell them that the way they interpreted it is wrong is fucked up. ANWAY my Am Lit class teacher doesn't do that at all, which is fantastic. He's incredibly laid backs and takes anybody's idea and is like "yeah, cool, that's really interesting. I can see how you thought of that." This week the Dickinson poem that stood out to me was the one that started with "Because I could not stop for Death..." - it's a really great poem and I had never been a Dickinson fan before, but this week of study has converted me.


Eléonore Hendricks is one of my favorite photographers. I feel like she is so great at capturing everyday moments and people that we constantly overlook and never really fully appreciate. This week I'm feeling particularly inspired by her okinawa, okinawa photos.








I also came across BULLETT magazine this week in Barnes n' Noble and it kicks so much ass. I bought their Cosmic issue with Ewan McGreggor on the front and Christina Ricci on the back. Here's part of the editor Idil Tabanca's opening message, you'll understand.

"By asking ourselves ... absurd yet utterly constructive questions ... we aim to foster a game-changing attitude that will affect exactly that: change. We aspire to disseminate the fertile energy that motivates us to declare our cosmos as the proposed limit rather than mere sky."

it ends with:

"Come and think unalike with us."

love.

 



Last weekend I, like a jackass, decided to cut my ends because they were beyond dead and starting to straighten out, which is awkward. So I cut a few and then I washed my hair and let it dry and then realized how fucking short I cut my hair. My hair hasn't been this short in a while and I personally think I look terrible so I have been straightening my hair all week. It's a huge relief to have straight hair to be honest. I have naturally very curly hair. It's cork-screwy and ringlet-y but the curls that frame my face are much more tighter and kinkier - which I find incredibly unflattering. Because I cut my hair, it's now lighter which means that my hair kinks up even more which is bad. I love curly hair, but really tight curls don't look good on me at all. When your hair is straight, you never have to worry about it. It just always falls in place. Whereas with my curly hair, every single day is an unpredictable hair day and the weather outside plays an even bigger role in how my hair looks during the day.

Melissa, who has worked for Bumble and Bumble for years, came over to pay us a visit today and brought us goodies! She brought me samples of their brand new "Straight" product line which is so great considering my current dilemma with my natural coils, "Spray de Mode" (perf whilst straightening or après) and their semi-new "Texture" creme. Today I took a break from the blow-dryer and the 2" curling iron (mom and Lauren broke my CHI iron two years ago but the curling iron works just fine) and wore my hair curly today. The only product that I tried today was the "Texture" creme and I luhhhhhhhhhhh the way it made my hair messy. When it grows out I am gonna be all over dat. I'll probably straighten my hair on Monday seeing as I have rehearsal tomorrow and will most likely be way too lazy to even bathe myself nonetheless do my hurr. But I will hopefully remember to update you guyz (because I know you definitely care about my hair as much as I do) on the "Straight" product results.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment